THIS IS THE STATEMENT FROM THE ZAD ASSEMBLY OF USES – 3rd April 2018
On February 10th, a few weeks after the airport project was dropped, dozens of thousands of people converged again to Notre-Dame-des-Landes to root the future of the zad. Since then, the assembly of uses(*) has laid the foundations of this project through the beginning of a dialogue with government representatives. During this transition phase, a first global collective convention has been proposed by the movement to take the fields and dwellings in charge. But the government still threaten to evict some of these dwellings. An operation mobilizing Thousands (2500 according to the press) of policemen and women are announced for Monday 9th April.
We denounce the double-dealing of the government which announced it wants a « peaceful and reasonable » evolution of the situation while planning an eviction operation which is moreover illegal. We can’t accept that inhabitants who preserved the bocage will be evicted tomorrow. We can’t accept that dwellings and spaces of activities which have nurtured the experience of the zad and are necessary to its future will be destroyed by a new police operation. We invite those who support the future of the zad to organize accordingly!
*In case of evictions of habitations, we call for different types of answers on several geographical scales.*
On the zad and around :
– call to contribute to the workshops organized in april.
– call to come defend the zone.
We already decided that except in case of police intervention, the roads would stay circulating for the inhabitants, the peasants and neighbours. In case of police attack, we might block them if necessary. We call supports to act accordingly. Welcome spaces will be organized on the zone and around.
– call in case of destruction to come rebuild the zone.
Outside the zad :
– call for gatherings and occupations the very night of the evictions on city places, in front of municipalities and prefecture and police stations.
/The //A//ssembl//y//of //U//ses, Tuesday 3rd April. /
One thought on “Notre-Dame-des-Landes, France: Targeted evictions begin Monday, 9 th. April”
the assembly of (ab)uses that is claiming to be “the movement” only represent a minority of those present on the ZAD that wanted to negotiate with the government representatives. the majority of militants rejects the imposed “collective convention” which will put in danger a lot of the (illegal & criminalized) militants and projects on the zone to be defended.
Some texts and their translations from inside the movement have been censored or been ignored by this dominant and authoritarian group, which forced us to create a new site for the times to come https://zadresist.antirep.net
– Position taken by the legal team on militia actions in the ZAD https://zadresist.antirep.net/article16
– Testimonial and analysis of one resident of the ZADhttps://zadresist.antirep.net/article22
– In what state of mind do we want to defend the ZAD https://zadresist.antirep.net/article19
– Movement, where is your victory? https://zad.nadir.org/spip.php?article5132
– Letter to the local committees, the supporters of this movement, and to all those who recognize themselves in the movement against the airport and its world https://zad.nadir.org/spip.php?article5047
many more critiques and analysis haven’t been able to be translated yet.