On March 23rd, anarchist prisoner Yannis Michailidis, participant in the Network of Imprisoned Fighters (DAK), started hunger strike.
Below is the comrade’s statement:
Today, Monday March 23rd, I join the hunger strike in order to counterattack the ever-intensifying repressive campaign of the State against the anarchist milieu and against every resistor in general. I am the last participant in the network of imprisoned fighters to enter the strike; the comrades Rami Syrianos and Spyros Stratoulis are unable to join us because they have not yet fully recovered from last year’s multi-day hunger strike.
• the abolition of articles 187 and 187A (terror laws);
• abolition of the aggravating provision regarding acts committed with concealed physical characteristics (“hoodie law”);
• abolition of the legal framework for the operation of type C prisons;
• the immediate release of Savvas Xiros, urban guerrilla of the R.O. 17N, so that he receives needed medical treatment;
• abolition of forcible taking of DNA samples;
• access to DNA samples for analysis by a biology expert witness trusted by the accused;
• abolition of analysis of DNA samples that contain a mixture of genetic material from more than two individuals.