The Anarchist Bookfair in Zagreb (Anarhisticki sajam knjiga, ASK) is an annual anarchist event that aims to become a long-term, developing project. First eight bookfairs went well, and we hope to bring in more and more people every year as participants, publishers, groups, projects –whoever is interested in what the bookfair has to offer.
For the discussion part everything is open, as in every year, so all suggestions, ideas, etc. are welcome, as well as texts that you find interesting for further debate.
ASK takes place in Zagreb every spring, as a local resource for anarchist and libertarian books and other publications. We also aim to open discussion on subjects that are important for the anarchist movement or our local community.
The idea for such a bookfair is not new, but is based on the positive experience of other anarchist bookfairs. In many different situations, these bookfairs have proven to be important events and meeting places on both local and international levels.
This is why we need your help; come and support this event with solidarity and participation!
If you cannot attend our bookfair, you can consider sending some free publications, posters and other material. Also, you can consider sending books and other publications for sale; we will organize stall for all of you that cannot come but would like to present your work at the bookfair. Contact us at email@example.com about details, address to send stuff to, etc.
To help us organize the bookfair and finish the program on time, we need you to confirm your participation soon as possible at firstname.lastname@example.org. Get in touch and let us know in which way you would like to participate. Below are a few questions, and we welcome any additional information. Also, let us know if you need accommodation. There are a few alternatives, but we need all the details as soon as possible.
Some of the details that we need from you:
1. Questions for all guests coming from outside Zagreb:
– how you want to participate?
– would you like to do presentation, workshop or discussion at the bookfair?
– do you need help with accommodation? (free sleeping places are limited)
2. If you would like a stall:
– how big of a stall do you need?
– do you need help at your stall?
– can you help with the costs of the bookfair? (this is not a condition to have a stall; stalls are free)
– we need some basic information about you (contact, what books/publishers you distribute; not a list, just short info)